Teaching Assistants Design Tasks
Please see Mr. Buchner and/or Mr. Walters for further descriptions, other tasks and, to arrange to tackle one of these.
- Assist with securing a grant and developing an activity to retrofit a diesel engine to run on vegetable oil.
- Develop the system controlled activity (computer/LEGO/Mindstorm/Robolab) with links to National and State TSA competitive events.
- Complete wind tunnel project started by other TAs. This would be used to test aerodynamics of the CO2 dragsters.
- Fabricate soldering stations. Requires some material processing skills.
- Design and build a set of headphone racks. Requires some material processing (most likely wood working) skills.
- Develop the computer controlled, simulated, Mars Rover activity.
- Remodel the tool cabinet. Requires some material processing (most likely wood working) skills.
- Develop a web site that would be a photo essay of the features of student designed Marble Mazes.
- Develop a web site that would be a photo essay of the features of Junior Solar Sprint vehicles.
- Assist with organizing and running a community JSS vehicle design and build workshop at the Sciencenter.